10.05.2010

japan: part three, rice balls

We spent our second full day in Osaka, which is on a Harbor. It was SO hot, a few times I thought I wasn't gonna make it...I am not cut out for humidity anymore.

This was my breakfast... most days...a rice ball. Basically seaweed on the outside, then rice, and then in the middle was tuna. Yum, I want one right now.

On the train to Osaka!

I definitely saw this sign on my way OUT...

Osaka was very much like a typical city with modern looking skyscrapers.
Ryan was enjoying the view.

This was called the island. It reminded me so much of downtown Chicago.

The Ferris Wheel. Gosh was it high, but really beautiful to see the whole city.
Kathryn did not enjoy it.


Day two of ice cream every day: Black Sesame ice cream, which was actually really great!
Mmmm. Grape soda from the hundreds of vending machines on the streets.



A weird giant head!

Namba!

Namba Parks! This place is a garden on the top of a mall. We decided to take a little rest on the patch of grass until a security guard said something in Japanese and we figured he was kicking us out...

They love to display wax food!


After getting back from Osaka, there was a shrine someone told us to see. It's said to have 10,000 tori (or gates). They were set up kind of like a bunch of tunnels you could walk through all over the grounds. Now in Japan you can buy a beer from the convienent store and then walk around drinking it. And that's exactly what we proceeded to do, at the shrine. It made for a most memorable night. Probably my favorite. Oh and that was the one and ONLY time I used a Japanese style toilet...

The Tori (gates)


Another convienent store dinner :)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Good times, good times. :)