10.15.2010

japan: part six, oyama!

After traveling all around Japan, we headed back to Kathryn and Ryan's small town Oyama, a couple hours north of Tokyo. We spent my last 2 days in their town recovering from the 4 days of constant walking and I got a chance to see what part of their everyday life is like.
Walking back to their apartments from the train station

The apartment complex!

On Saturday, Kathryn and Ryan both had to work so I spent part of the day exploring the town. I found a beautiful river and walked around for the better part of the afternoon.






Ice cream again! Blueberry this time :)


Kathryn took me to the grocery store and we saw some octopus... it's popular in Japan!

Saturday night we went to an Izakiah (I don't think that's how you spell it...ha.) But basically it's a restaurant/bar where you can get all you can drink for 1000 yen (like $12). It was great!

Breakfast with Kathryn!

Kathryn and I found these craft chiles at a store in Nara and thought "we can make these", so we did. I can't wait to try them on my own! Although it's way more fun to craft with Kathryn.


My last dinner...it was Shabu-Shabu. All you can eat where you dip thin pieces of beef and pork in to boiling broth. You can add veggies and pasta too! So tasty!


Saki! We even warmed it up, I thought it was great!

I miss you guys!

Peace. Goodbye Japan. Thanks for showing me a good time.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

um...you should probably just come back now, ok?

Alisha said...

i'll work on it! i went to sushi at kat-suya and entered a raffle to win a trip to japan! hahaha!!

Kathleen said...

What a great adventure!