9.12.2010

the mourning process

I have come to the realization that to truly be able to mourn, is something I have no idea how to do. At least, not very well. I started to become aware of this when my friend Peder died this past spring. (But I mean, how do you ever learn to come to terms with death like that, when it's just so unfair?) But I still find it difficult in the things that seem a lot smaller and less final than death. I know those things are just as significant and just as necessary for me to mourn. Otherwise, I'll never let go of anything. I just don't know how to allow myself to feel the pain of losing something. I know feeling things that hurt, will allow me to truly move on and grow from what I have experienced. I will move forward and become a more whole human being.

No comments: