8.04.2011

on waiting...

We are taught from day one that we need to push forward in life. We need to be motivated, have a plan and take action so that we are able to get places. I'm like this. Sure I have my lazy moments, and they are more often than I'd like to admit, but for the most part I need a plan and I need to understand everything about that plan before I can even think about taking action.

Sometimes situations just need space to breathe. I find it extremely challenging to give over to the pauses in life. I want to take control and figure out exactly what is happening next. But what would it be like if I could simply rest in a moment with no expectations? How could my life be fuller and richer? I am learning to just be present and take in an experience even if it makes me uncomfortable. And I think, in the end, and maybe even in the beginning, it will make me a better and more whole person.

Wouldn't it be beautiful if we all were able to rest in the uncertainty we experience?

2 comments:

dawn said...

Boy are you like your father!! mom

Kathryn said...

So difficult to do! But what a great thing to strive for, you're inspiring. :)