2.22.2011

a little story

On Sunday night I was out with a friend for dinner. I hadn't spent time with this friend in couple months, so I was very much looking forward to catching up with her. We were waiting to be seated, and standing next to us were 3 dudes waiting as well. I sawthem look at us, and let's be honest, check us out. I took note of the extra attention, and then we were led to our table. After looking over the menu for a few minutes, my friend and I start talking and getting into what has been going on in our lives. I was mid-sentence when one of the guys came over to our table and proceeded to tell me that he thought I was pretty and wanted to give me his number. I was completely taken aback. I mean, what?! That has never happened to me before IN MY LIFE. So flattery, mixed with confusion made it an awkward conversation, that my friend later told me I handled it really well. I laughed, played it cool, made a comment about how my friend and I were talking but if he wanted to check back in with me later he could. Looking back on that reaction, I probably could have done it a little better, maybe acted more interested or something. Because after my recent experience with putting myself out there to someone, I know how hard it can be. But, I honestly was scared and wasn't sure if I was actually interested or not. When he left, he just waved and didn't come back over, so maybe I hurt his pride too much. Whoops. I'll do better next time.

All of that to say, I got asked out. It was the most interesting experience I've had in a while and hopefully my reaction will be a little better when it happens again.

2 comments:

condapfour said...

Woo hoo! Always a good feeling to know that you are attractive to someone! Maybe you will run into him somewhere! Congrats!

erikka said...

such a great post! haha love it! and congrats. ;)