I have been lucky enough to start taking yoga classes over the past few weeks. The first week I started, I went kind of crazy going 5 times in one week. But it was Thanksgiving, and now that my schedule is packed again, I've been able to go consistently twice a week or so.
Yoga is good for my soul, in fact, I would even say it's good for every one's soul. The yoga class that I have the most affinity toward, is a meditation style class (Viniyoga). While we spend the class working on different poses, we focus on our breathing and remembering how powerful it can be to breathe fully.
My mantra for this class is something the instructor said to us a few weeks ago. "Your mind is quiet, your heart is strong". Life gets busy and stressful, and often times it seems impossible to turn your mind off, even if it's just for an hour and a half. This class gives me a space where I can allow my mind drift into a place of peace. Where I can focus on the strength inside of me and choose to move forward in my life with confidence and gratitude.
3 comments:
I should do more yoga. And by "more" yoga I simply mean more than the zero times a year I do yoga now.
HAHAHA!!!!!
PS-Your blog told me it wanted to be updated. :)
Post a Comment